Followers

Friday, January 23, 2015

Seven films announced at one go

The films are 
  1. January Mazhaiyil Oru Hi, 
  2. Landu-Obama From Madurai, 
  3. Kadavul Irrukaan Kumaru, 
  4. Kolla Koota Boss, 
  5. Vatta Seyazhalar Vandu Murugan, 
  6. Neenga Pudungura Aani Yellame Thevai Illatha Aani Than and 
  7. Coke.
Director Rajesh Kannan, in association with producers from Malaysia and the Middle East, will be making all the movies. Rajesh, who began his struggle as a film director almost 16 years ago, has now not only succeeded in making two films, but is intent on giving opportunities to several newcomers in the industry. Rajesh said, "I started my career as a graphic designer before turning becoming a director, after which I directed leading shows like Deal Or No Deal. 

I have also worked as a creative consultant with actor Ajith for over five years. It is because of Ajith that I am here."

http://t1mi.blogspot.com/2015/01/ajith.html

"I wanted to do new age films and was not interested in the regular Tamil films. Also, as the concept of making group films would not work here, I decided to pitch my idea to venture capitalists from all over the world. 

  1. I pitched for 10 films a year, 
  2. of which three would be directed by me and the rest by newcomers. 
My concept worked and I have found producers from Malaysia and the Middle East. 

Before approaching them with the concept, I made two films using my earnings from the television industry - 
  1. January Mazhaiyil and 
  2. Landu. 
While the former will be released in another three months, Landu will be released five months hence. We have started work on the third film, Kadavul Irrukan Kumar," says Rajesh, who says all the films will be new age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels